A weekly recap post linking up with:
Thank you to all the hosts! Click the links above to visit them and join the fun.
Here we are, already wrapping up the month of July. Did you know that August 1st is the start of my Halloween season? I’m excited. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten much reading done over the past couple of weeks. In the evenings I’m so tired, I just crash. Maybe it’s the heat.
First off, I want to share a photo of sweet Myrtle, who I won in a giveaway last week. She’s a nightmare catcher crafted by Jenclair from Bayou Poste & Craft / A Garden Carried in the Pocket. Myrtle is so cute, and I love her details, like the heart patch pined to her clothes and the sachet of lavender sewn on her back. Thank you, Jen!
Some other news — I’m starting a new job soon! Prior to the pandemic, I was a teacher’s aide in a special ed classroom, but I left when my own kids started remote learning. I’ve decided to return to the same work but at a different school. Even though my family and I are fully vaccinated, I still have concerns, especially since younger students aren’t eligible for the vax yet. But, I’m still looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.
I might not have as much time to blog and blog hop until things get settled with the new school year. I won’t be on an official hiatus in August, but I may be missing from time to time!
★ I wanted to add that I’ve greatly enjoyed blogging this year and redirecting my focus back to the blog community. I’ve made some great new friends and reconnected with old ones. Thank you all for being so awesome! ★
Last Two Weeks on the Blog:
- Thriller Review: THE OTHER PASSENGER by Louise Candlish
- Tell Me Something Tuesday: What authors have you recently discovered and loved?
- Waiting For — Wednesday: THE BOOK OF COLD CASES by Simone St. James
- A Mad Tea Party featuring Julia Buckley’s Hungarian Tea House Mysteries!
- Tell Me Something Tuesday: Where is your favorite place to read during the summer?
- Waiting For — Wednesday: CACKLE by Rachel Harrison
- Vintage Gothic Suspense Review: NIGHTMARE IN JULY by Clara Coleman
- WHERE THE TRUTH LIES by Anna Bailey
- THE PEOPLE WE KEEP by Allison Larkin
- DEATH IN CASTLE DARK by Veronica Bond
Recent Bookshelf Additions:
- MRS ENGLAND by Stacey Halls (The Book Depository)
- BEFORE YOU KNEW MY NAME by Jacqueline Bublitz (The Book Depository)
- AN AMBUSH OF WIDOWS by Jeff Abbott (NetGalley)
- THE GOLDEN COUPLE by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen (NetGalley)
- CACKLE by Rachel Harrison (NetGalley)
- HOW TO BOOK A MURDER by Cynthia Kuhn (NetGalley)
Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful August! — 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪