Hello, all! We wrapped up our school year last week, and my job as an elementary school paraeducator was amazing. I’m going to miss the kids over the summer, but I’m also ready for a break! Between work, family, and just being tired in general, I haven’t spent much time blogging, so it’s good to be back.
I read seven books in May, some I’ve already reviewed, and some I hope to eventually:
- TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY by Linwood Barclay ★★★★★
- FAMILY OF LIARS by E. Lockhart ★★★★★
- BURIED IN A GOOD BOOK by Tamara Berry ★★★½
- A SECRET SHARED by Patricia MacLachlan ★★★
- THE SHADOW HOUSE by Anna Downes ★★½
- INSOMNIA by Sarah Pinborough ★★
- MOUTH TO MOUTH by Antoine Wilson ★★
My first summer project was reorganizing my bookshelves, which took two days to finish. Now all the books are alphabetical by author’s last name again. I had to part with one large shopping bag of books to make room for all of them. Ginger wasn’t happy about the chaos around her couch.
I don’t have a summer reading list set in stone, but a few books I’m hoping to read are:
- THE BOOKWOMAN’S DAUGHTER by Kim Michele Richardson
- THE LOST SUMMERS OF NEWPORT by Williams | Willig | White
- THE HOTEL NANTUCKET by Elin Hilderbrand
- SUMMER FEVER by Kate Riordan
- THE FINALISTS by David Bell
- THE SWELL by Allie Reynolds
- DEEP WATER by Emma Bamford
Have a wonderful June! — 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪
What beautiful bookshelves!! I have some serious bookshelf envy. Also dog envy :). Ginger sure is a cutie! I just finished The Hotel Nantucket and it sure was good.
Thanks, Wendy! I’m glad to hear The Hotel Nantucket was good. I love the premise.
I love your bookcases and reorganizing bookcases is one of my favorite things to do! Ginger looks decidedly miffed but so cute! I hope you have a happy June!
Your bookshelves look amazing! I have bookcases in every room in our house, but the books are alphabetized on the shelves they are on…with the exceptions of my TBR cart and the bookcase in that room that has the rest of the books I’ve not read yet.
Ginger is such a sweetie. I love your bookshelves! Mine are all over the place and not organized at all! It looks like you had a great month of reading and bookish things.
I’m loving your library, Diana💜 Welcome back!
Ginger is adorable and I love the look of your shelves!